The four Functions are somewhat like the four points of a compass; they are just as arbitrary and just as indispensable. Nothing prevents our shifting the cardinal points as many degrees as we like in one direction or the other, or giving them different names…but the one thing I must confess; I would not for anything dispense with this compass on my psychological voyages of discovery. Carl Jung
We use the MBTI Assessment as one tool to help people understand themselves and their teammates at a deeper level. It is our favorite tool for helping people discover their preferences which influence communication and work styles. When team members understand theirs and others Types, collaboration is easier.
We are Master Practitioners and have the backing of over 20 years of experience in training and implementing the MBTI and Psychological Type with clients and in MBTI Certification programs. Our President studied under, and was endorsed by, the late Katharine Myers, the daughter-in-law of Isabel Myers, the creator of the instrument.
The MBTI Assessment is one of the most widely used, yet most misunderstood, personality instruments in the world today. Internet impostors and superficial interpretations have flooded the market and have left people with the misunderstanding that the instrument is an assessment of behavioral traits that puts people in a box.
In a nutshell, if you are looking for a quality workshop with proven results that make a practical impact in the workplace, then you’ve come to the right place.
Introduction to the Myers-Briggs® and Psychological Type
Are you looking for a way for the people in your organization to get to know one another better?
Maybe you want your team or group to understand and appreciate differences?
Perhaps you want your team or group to just get away from the office for a day to learn more about themselves?
Our Introductory MBTI Type workshop might be for you. Our training approach is to introduce you to the world of Psychological Type, Jung’s theory of personality, by taking you through a self-selection process so you select your Type. We never put you in a box, or tell you that you are a particular Type. And we understand that MBTI results are only one data point. That’s why the MBTI Assessment is called a Type Indicator – it points you in the right direction for more self-exploration.
Here’s how it works:
- You and your team take the instrument on-line and we get the results
- Then, in an experiential way, we guide you to self-select your 4-letter Type Code one dichotomy at a time
- We provide you with your Reported Results
- You compare your workshop selection with your Reported Results, to select your Best-Fit Type
- We help you verify your MBTI Type pattern, by looking at your Dominant Function using our Eight Jungian Function Image Metaphor Cards™
We help you to understand your Type so that you don’t forget your Type, what it means, and how you can use it to enrich your work life. We help you to validate you, with all of your gifts, and we show you how to shift your energy to address your blind spots.
And most of all, we help you to understand yourself and your teammates better so you can work better together.
Here are just some of the benefits you will receive from an Introductory Type workshop:
- Enhanced self-awareness and clarity around how you think – how you take in information and make decisions
- Insight into how people think differently and the importance of different perspectives
- How you are energized and what drains you
- An appreciation for, and acceptance of, differences in others
- A common, neutral, non-judgmental language for talking about differences
- An understanding of your core strengths and blind spots, and contributions to the workplace
Advanced Type Application Workshops
If your team has gone through an MBTI Introductory workshop, we can help you take the next step to leverage Type within your organization. We can help you apply MBTI Type to: